Basics for Beginners
With Cyndi EllsoM
Saturday, July 22 2-4 PM
If you’ve ever wanted to try yoga but weren’t sure where to begin then join us for this well-rounded and non-intimidating experience for you to learn, experience and ask questions. We will explore and answer: What are the basic poses and their benefits? Do I have to be flexible to do yoga? What are some of the terms used? Simply wear comfortable yoga, shorts or sweatpants that you can move in. Yoga will help to strengthen and lengthen muscles, reduce stress and create calm and serenity.
Explore alignment and breathing along with basic poses and centering. The basic flow of vinyasa yoga will be introduced and we will discuss myths and benefits of yoga.
Mats and props are provided. Please register in advance of first class. 1 class for $20 or 2 for $30; $60 for Beginner Package (2-Week Series plus 30 Days Unlimited Yoga). *No refund possible for missed classes.
Harp & Soul
Saturday August 19 7-8:30pm $30
Enjoy this powerfully synergistic blend of live music with relaxing yoga poses to restore your body and mind and attune with your natural state of harmony. Clinical evidence supports the healing benefits of sound therapy. The hypnotic sound of the harp paired with the blissful experience of yoga will lead to overall peace and tranquility. Harp and Soul is a unique experience, not to me missed!
Why have live harp during a yoga class?
• It's a unique experience to experience live music during a yoga class
• Live harp music is healing. There is much clinical evidence and research to support this
• Harp + Yoga = double the benefits. The healing benefits of harp and yoga combined makes a potentially powerful practice
• Increases focus and relaxation in postures. The pure timbre of the harp naturally encourages a sense of calm & well-being
• A once in a lifetime opportunity. Most people never get to see or hear a harp in real life
• Aurally enchanting. The harp is a pleasure to listen to!